Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Pictures

A piece of the Chanukah project I did with My 5th Grade. We glittered the 2 opposite corners of the mirror in beautiful pictures like this one and then I wrote in gold in the center "HaNeiros Halalu Kodesh Hem" in a circle shape to go around the base of the Menorah that would stand on it. In this picture you can see me in the mirror taking it, lol. 

My Menorah at home. This was on the first night. 

The Chanukah mural I painted for the preschool Chanukah performance for the community. It was too big to get a shot of the whole thing at once but the next picture is also part of it. There were also decorations that the kids made hanging on top of it and on the sides. 

This is just another piece of the mural. 

This is the Ravine outside my house. When you go out the front door and cross to the other side of the street, this is what you see. I have a bench overlooking this so I went outside during vacation to play guitar in the snow, looking out at this really pretty scene. It was like a dream. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get a picture of myself doing this but I did take a picture of how pretty my guitar looked up against the snow. That is the next picture.

So this is the picture of my guitar against the snow. Unfortunately  as pretty as it looked and as much of a fairy-tale it was to go play guitar in the snow, that's just what it was- a fairy-tale. Within 2 minutes of taking my gloves off to play, my fingers were so stiff from the cold that I actually couldn't manipulate my fingers into the position of any new cord from the one I was in when they froze. So I was stuck in C. Contrary to this my strumming hand was doing quite nicely. As it turns out, its easier to strum when your hand is frozen and numb so I still had some hope. The last straw really was that the guitar needed to be fixed either way because I had major buzzing on my strings so it really sounded like a dying animal and I was forced to stop for the sake of my own ears. Somehow in movies everything looks so languid and natural,easy and perfect......But still it was a good dream. :)


Me and the Bat Mitzvah club all geared up for the performance at the Legislature. This was taken in the hallway  just a few minutes before we 'went on'. 
I have so many more pictures but these were the ones I felt I could put up on my blog for public viewing. I can try and send pictures to anyone who writes me a personal email request. Enjoy!!
Love,
shayne

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blogs and enjoy viewing your pictures. Stay safe, happy, healthy, and warm. Love, GB

    ReplyDelete