Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Chanukah

Okay so on Wednesday i ate a lot of doughnuts and lit candles in school.
On thursday i ate a lot of doughnuts and lit candles in school.
on friday i went to my teachers Mrs. Younger for Shabbos Chanukah.
Over Shabbos one of the girls and the whole family came down with the stomach flu.... that was fun.
Sunday I went to the shuk with a friend from my BYDetroit class. We stayed for the Chabad lighting there. They lit a giant menorah with lanterns on top. I bought a pink scarf and lots of doughnuts. Sunday night I came down with the flu. I spoke to Rivky, Mommy and Tatty on the phone while they were starting their Chanukah party in Detroit.
Monday I didn't eat a lot of doughnuts... or any other food for that matter. I lit with my friend Sarah E's cousin Ariella and her family.
Tuesday I didn't do anything and didn't eat anything. Tuesday night the sem went on an overnight all night trip to Massada and the Dead Sea, I stayed behind because my bus to Tel Aviv was leaving the next morning before the trip would get back. All the girls painted there faces with cool designs over the eyes and stuff. I had a lot of fun helping them do the cool makeup.... sigh, true art. That night I had my laptop so me and the other girl who didn't go on the trip stayed up practically all night eating junk food, listening to chaim yisroel CD's, and watching home movies. Then we slept in.
Wednesday I took a bus to Tel Aviv. Tante Chava picked me up in the middle of the street where i conveniently parked myself in order to be seen :) I joined the family for a Mesibat Chanukah that night. I got to see and meet all the family!! and I even tried really hard to talk to Hadar and Ohr in Ivrit. Itay and Yanir set up my laptop internet connection. And Wednesday night I got to skype with Sarah E!!!!!!! and then i got to sleep in the basement a.k.a. the suite of Michal, as per its designer. Tante Chava gave me a pretty chanukah gift.
Thursday I went to Azrielli mall in Tel Aviv to meet Tante Chava when she got back from work. That night Itay and Adva took me out to dinner. On the way we stopped in the Givataiim mall to buy Itay a sweatshirt for winter and they surprised me by letting me choose something as a chanuka gift. And as anyone who knows me could tell u that i needed a lot of help from Adva in picking something out. I ended up buying a really cute brown tunic-sweater-dress-thing for shabbos. Then we went to eat at Shoshana's Blintzes. Then I got to see Itay's humble but really nice apartment.
At 9:00 Friday morning i went back to Yerushalym to get ready for shabbos.
A very special Thank you to Chaim and Tante Chava for working so hard to accomadate all of my funky food needs!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment