Saturday, December 4, 2010

Let's Play Catch Up... November

Alright, so I know I'm just about a full month behind here... and so I'm gonna try to catch you all up in what will probably turn out close to the length of the chanuka story :)
O.... HAPPY CHANUKAH EVERYONE! .... i'll really be getting to chanukah in my next entry so- hang in there!
Okay... After Eilat we had an in shabbos where basically the whole sem stayed in the dorm because we were all so tired out from teh trip.
On Rosh Chodesh Kislev we had a fun dinner at our Mechanechet's house.
That week I also got a new roommate. That was FUN... i bet u can guess that the word fun was said sarcastically. I guess at the time I felt like my whole world... one of my strongest constants, was shaken. But now its fine because the new roommate is the most awesome person ever! no really she is. Her name is Batsheva and she sleeps on the new bunk on top of mine :D Her closet is outside of the room and she is going to let me use her guitar... so she's cool!! lol
That thursday I went to the beach with a couple friends who were all feeling as depressed as me. Even though we didn't get there until dark, it was very theraputic. Especially the pizza craving we fixed. :P
I spent that Shabbos at Sharon's.... Me and Shira saw a cow... a wild one. At least we think we did. That was cool. We also didn't find ice cream. That was not cool.
Motzei Shabbos I went to my friends house in Ramat Beit Shemesh and met her family and her dog. :)
Tuesday nights are our Tznious group meetings... if you want to know what that's like, its kind of like the AA. We all sit in a circle and discuss our experiences, thoughts, personal victories.... despite the brain washing aspect we always seem to have a full house. Maybe it has something to do with the food and late curfew ;)
The next Shabbos was a Shabbaton in Maalot Dafna. I stayed at my friend Shira's brother and sister-in-law's house. The sem ate together for Friday night. Shabbos day we ate at our hosts and Shallosh Seudot we went to different teachers. Motzei Shabbos we had a speaker from Aish talk about how we can change the world no matter what age we are. He showed us a documentary about the efforts of some canadian 12 year old on behalf of the child labor issue in Asia. It was pretty cool. My sem really wants to do something... so we are trying to start a group. We'll see if that works.
Monday we went on Tunnel Tours... which was a tour around the Kotel area... where they showed us the actual stones of the Beit Hamikdash and the other 3 walls besides for the Kotel. We also went into a museam of stuff that was made to look like stuff from the Beit Hamikdash up in the old city.
We got another new girl on Tuesday I think.... She moved in to the dira opposite mine. She is double blackbelt in karate and she is giving me lessons in the evenings! I already started and I love it. Also, she takes really great notes! so now we can count on each other for notes if we miss class.... rox :D
Wednesday night we played Machanayim in Gan Saccer until 2:30 in the morning. Now THAT was fun!
Thursday night a few of us went with a Madricha to a Cumzitz in the Rova by Aish Hatorah. It was really very inspiring. There was a saxifone and flute and guitars, bongos and shaky intrument things. The men were sitting under the million dollar gold menorah singing and playing music while the women stood behind and listened. We walked back at 1:30 when we left.
That Shabbos I stayed in again with 2 friends. We went out for the night meal and made our own day meal. Thank you Chani for all your work to make that possible!!!!!!!!!
And then on Monday we had Play Auditions. I wasn't going to try out at first, but last minute I decided to try out. I'll update e/o about what I get into when I find out.
.....And I believe that brings us to the end of November since Chanuka started on that Wednesday. Cool- thanx e/o for putting up with me!!! No really- Best Wishes and a Happy Chanukah to everyone I love!! (You know who you are!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment