Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Lol

Okay so this was just a totally random post. The other day I sat down to write down some of the things that I think are either funny or ironic about sem, or about me in sem..... and I figured you would all enjoy something up to date to read. For sure those of you who either know me well, or have been to seminary will laugh at some of these funny things i've listed below.
So, this is for all of you who were wondering about the new me... :D Enjoy!

This year in Seminary....
1) i've learned to not be picky about what i eat... seriously, i've can eat cottage cheese or chumus out of the container... or soups of various thickness and colors- including orange and purple... :)
2) i sleep on a matress that is less than 4 in thick with a wooden board underneath.
3) i've learned that despite what everyone has told you- air conditioning is not a necessity, even in 100 degree chamtzins.
4) my room is, surprisingly, warmer in the winter than my room at home ever was. :P
5) I still can't always differenciate between the crying of a cat and a baby
6) I no longer need to hear the words "Ani Tzarich Ezra LaChatzot Et HaKvish" in order to understand that the 3-year-old on the busy street corner wants me to cross him.
7) I still can't bring myself to imagine spending 30-40 shek on a box of cereal when in America we pay 2-4 dollars.
8) I learned that it's possible for ones room to be emaculetely clean for a month straight (even with 4 girls living in it), but as soon as one of us has a hard day and her bed is a mess, Pitom- everybody's space is messed up.
9) i've learned that there is no depression that some blasting jewish music and a manicure party can't cure.
10) Practical advise for life: If your carrying an UZI, they will put you up first for karaoke... and every other time u ask.
11) My dictionary of English words- Buscuit= cookie, Plaits= braids, Fringe= bangs, Knickers= pants, Trainers= sneakers, Dodgy= sketchy. O, and don't ever say bloody... not even if you've just cut yourself and are bleeding everywhere.
12) Being sharp in class only gets u nicknames.... like Bamboo for instance.
13) I can now recognize a Frenchy from a mile away.
14) I've learned that sometimes staying away is the best way to keep someone close.
15) I've come to appreciate rain and bushes
16) I can now understand sentences like- "I love chinked peeks"
okay that's enough for now. hope u enjoyed hearing about the totally true, funky things in my life. So long folks!!
love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment