Saturday, March 2, 2013

Winter Break 2

So Day 1 I started a new job. It's a writing job for a website. On the one hand I'm sad because I would want my writing job to be more in the creative writings like writing production scripts and novels and self help books, all of which I have grand ideas and outlines for... but since that is not happening- there is no real motivation, at least I can use my skills to make some money.

It's actually funny because I was at someone's house who I know the father works from home on his website and when they said, come anytime and if there is anything we can do for you- totally call us, I happened to throw jokingly back- yah, if you ever have a job for me that I can do from home then call me.

He laughed and said that if he ever has enough work for himself then great... and then as an after-thought he said the only thing we need is a writer... lol
So I said, well you've come to the right place my friend b/c I am a writer.
So he asked me if I was serious and what qualifies me as a writer. So I mentioned that I write for a magazine, conveniently leaving out that the magazine in question is self managed and not paying me. lol

So that's how I got this job writing descriptions of products, FAQ's, tips, and editing on a website. It's not paying too much but it's a start and next time there is a job available and they ask me about my credentials I will have this to put on my resume. =D which I'm fine with.

Day 2 I helped Mrs. Pinson run her daughters birthday party in the morning and then caught a ride to the mall to go to Galaxy Land with Sass. I went on a bunch of rides with the kids and took some pictures, then we went to lunch at Cafe Levi. We got back at around 5:00 and I went to sleep for a few hours and then did some finishing touches and editing on my work for the site.

Shabbos I was at Sass and went to Weinrach for the day Seudah. I also briefly met the Barak girls in the park but I was wearing flats and it was snowing so I didn't stay long.

Motzei Shabbos I went with Donna and the Barak girls to Levin to play a game [pictionary] and some guitar. I brought my guitar along hoping to learn something but its hard to learn when its not one on one. We had fun either way. I also got to get a real coffee bean coffee from her special coffee bean kurig type of machine.

Sunday I went to Chabad Hebrew School and then came home to do some work.  Of course that means I ended up reading instead :)

Monday was pretty interesting actually. Since it was my last day of vacation I really wanted to get all my work done so I did school prep in the morning a long with answering emails and setting things up to work later. Then I went to Weinrach to help their 3rd grader make a costume. Afterwards I came back and found a message asking me to tutor, so I did that for about an hour and a half and then afterward I agreed to go eat dinner at the Baraks. We were also planning maybe to do something fun. We were making posters for Purim while we ate dinner and then Donna had an allergic reaction to the paint so she left... though I told her not to drive alone, but she had to go babysit so... then I got a call about 2 minutes later from my students parent asking me if she had her epipen on her. So me and Mrs. Barak jumped in the car with nothing and just drove until we found her with the hazard lights on the side of the road. The ambulance was already on their way and she had given herself the epipen. So e/t was fine but the two of us plus Mrs. Kaplan spent the evening in the hospital. We got home around 1:30 after all was said and done.

And Tuesday morning, bright and early, school began again. :)

And that concludes Winter Break 2 in Edmonton, AB

Have a good one y'all

shayne

No comments:

Post a Comment