Thursday, September 8, 2011

Back To Israel

9-4-11

I said goodbye to Mindy about an hour and a half ago and I am now sitting at the gate in JFK… I want to send a shout out to the JJ and Adeena Weiss famly in Far Rockaway NY for hosting me over the weekend.

My flight is a 7 hour trip that will become 12 by the time I get to London. In London I will hang out at the airport and entertain myself for 12 hours. I’ll let you know all about that when it happens J

In general- I am calm. I have everything I need and I know what I am doing. In about 36 hours, I will be in Tel Aviv.

9-5-11

I am in London and yet I haven't left the airport. In my way of thinking, it's not really worth getting lost and missing my flight to Tel Aviv for 8 hours spent touring around a country I have absolutely no interest in. I mean, if there was something arranged and it was safe to go, it would be cool to see things like Buckingham Palace and Big Ben.... but staying in the airport was good enough for me. I spent 4 out of the 12 hours hanging out in the bathroom... changing cloths, rearranging my carry-ons, etc. Spent an hour and a half getting a coffee and looking for wifi. 1 hour writing random stuff on my laptop. A half hour coloring in my coloring book- yes i have a coloring book :) A half hour touring the airport and the rest of the time reading a book I bought out of sheer desperation.

All in all, that was my London experience and soon I will be getting on a plane to Tel Aviv. Hurray!!

9-6-11

I have just gotten into Tel Aviv. Uncle Chaim picked me up from the airport and I am exhausted! I didn't sleep at all on the plane after take off... but I did sleep from boarding until take off :} which was about a whole of 25 minutes- maybe.

The important thing (YAWN) is that i'm here in Israel. I finally made it, safe and sound. Bad plane experiences and good ones. Annoying airport waits and stressful security checks. I'm here and I think i'm going to take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment