Friday, September 2, 2011

Traveling to New York

September 1, 7:40 a.m.

The sun is shining brilliantly through the giant airport windows of DCA, and the caffeine that is running through my veins has me alert and appreciating every moment of it. My first leg of the trip is done. I am now sitting in the D.C. airport at the gate for my next flight. On which I will be flying first class… J not because I booked a first class ticket… but because it ended up being cheaper than paying for 2 suitcases.

The plane I just got off of was a 12 row plane. That means 48 seats. Anyone who travels a lot will know that this is a small plane. When we deplaned, we walked down the cockpit stairway straight down onto the runway, the way you see the president always does on TV. It was very cool. Of my stay here, the only thing I learned about Washington D.C. is that there are a lot of trees… and Olympic sized pools. The gates are filled with kiosks and nice things for sale like any tourist spot. My next flight leaves in about an hour and a half...

September 2, 6:56 p.m.

The second flight was really nice and comfortable. First class is almost worth the extra money just for the bigger seats :) When i got into the airport Mindy picked me up and we went to her house in Far Rockaway which is where i am now and will be staying until Sunday evening. Yesterday I went with her to Queens College and got to see the school campus while Mindy was in class. It was interesting how many different types of Jewish people went there and how they all interacted with one another.

New York is very different from Detroit and its an experience being here... even more than going to the catskills for 2 months. It's something i would have to get used to.

Have a Great Shabbos Everyone! I Love You!!

Shayne


No comments:

Post a Comment