Monday, September 20, 2010

Aseret Yimei Teshuvah

The week started out as inconspicuously as possible but it soon became apparent that this week was anything but ordinary.
Monday afternoon tiyul began with a trip to a fountain to do Tashlich.... I'm not sure the girls found 'throwing away your Aveiros' in the fish-free-fountain as entertaining as the water fight that ensued. After snapping the same painfully posed group picture with 45 cameras, we reloaded the buses on our way to Kever Rochel.... no we did not take a bullet proof bus :)
We did Mincha there and beseeched our Mother in heaven to cry... to raise her voice and cry for her children who are so far from home. Her children who live in an invisible hell, the extent of which we do not know or understand.

On my own time I went twice to Geula. The first time I went to just watch. Watch the people, the throngs of jewish people, rushing about trying to buy everything for the Chaggim. And though it wasn't even Yom Kippur yet, you could smell Succot in the air- Tzedaka stands and succos decorations every 5 feet that we walked.
The second time in Geula we did Caparos... okay I'll rephrase that, my 2 friends did Caparos and I took a video being as #1 it smelled #2 i really wasn't interested in the little boys, who by the way were running the stand, waving a sqauking chicken over my head. :D So I took the easy way out and kindly offered to take the video. As it was, we were all on the floor laughing. (lol- I'm giggling just thinking about it.)
But never you fear! I did do Caparos with a real live chicken on Erev Yom Kippur with my school. :} Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of that one.

Another Highlight of the week leading up to Yom Kippur was that I learned how to make a french braid on myself!! I plan to upload pictures as soon as I'm able.

1 comment:

  1. Always checking and looking for updates, verbal and physical (pictures). Love you, grandma

    ReplyDelete