Sunday, September 5, 2010

A Chapter Closes...

August 29th
9:45 pm: I am now leaving America. the place i have called home for the past 17 years. Oh how the city sparkles beneath the wings of the plane. From the sky, Philidalphia is 1000 brilliantly gleaming jewels in its night glory. In all my life I've never seen anything quite like it. My head is heavy with exhaustion but I'm too wound up to sleep. America, I will not return to you for some time.
G-d please send angels to keep me safe in Your holy land.
Israel- here i come.
August 30th
2:00 am: It is now 2:00 am, but we have already crossed the time barrier... traveling toward the sun. Outside my windown I can see the beatiful sun rising over the horizon and I simply can't tear my eyes away from it... breathtaking.
3:30 am: Sleep is a seductive temptress who takes great pride in her teasing.
4:45 am: Wakefulness is relentless in its pursuit. It simply will not be dismissed. The passengers are restless and upon braving a peak out my window I can see that the sun is easily in a noon position. Soon BeEzrat Hashem we will arrive in the holyest land on earth. But for now- All i can do is wait.
7:00 am: I just saw Israel from my window under the wing of the plane. Its looks just like i've seen it one hundred times on the maps in Tanach class. Looking down upon it I had the feeling of looking upon a farmiliar face... one that you memorized a long time ago. One that you haven't seen in a while. It feels like coming home.
It is now 3:30 pm... I have crossed over to Israel time.
Haven't slept since 8:00 am yesterday. But I have arrived, and that is all that matters.


No comments:

Post a Comment