Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Girly-Girl... and the Tom-Boy

Wednesday night i had my second Sheitel Class. It is an optional class where they teach you how to wash cut and style, hair and sheitels. How cool is that??!

Contrast...

After the class I convinced a few of the tougher girls in the dorm to teach me self defense.... sounds like a good idea right?? Well, basically it went like this-
Other girl speaks about different techniques
Shayne gets grabbed by a fighter 7 inches taller than her
Shayne tries to defend based on theorized techniques
Other girl counterattacks based on defense
Shayne gets beat up or thrown across the room
Shayne gets back up and tries again.
lol... it was actually really educational simply because I had never come up against genuine opposing force before. Major accomplishment for the night... Got beat up in just about every way possible. And I won't go into it b/c if i do I will probably be dragged home by my parents and chastised by just about e/o i know.... :D lol. I did learn a few really good moves from it as soon as a Krav Megaah chick stepped in to work with me on defense.
Ended up with a minor concussion, because I got thrown across the room, about which I was responsible and took myself to the doctor over. (A very hard thing for my personality to do, mind you.) They said was totally fine and I should just rest off my bruises and bumps... and that i shouldn't practice self defense again for a few days. I'll most likely start working with the krav Megaah girl on a regular basis though... after i take it easy for a few days. :}

No comments:

Post a Comment