Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Bombs, Weddings, and Day to Day

So, as I said in my last post which I wrote as the entire episode was happening, there was a bomb in Jerusalem last week Wednesday. It went off just a block from my school next to a bus that nearly my entire school takes on almost a daily basis, the 74. More than 10 of our girls were either running to get on that bus, missed the bus by seconds, got off the bus on a whim, or were right in the area. With tremendous Hashgachas Hashem, nobody was hurt. Some of the girls saw it, a lot of them were very shaken. At the time, a good friend called me, totally hysterical. She had heard about it as she walked into the building only a minute after the bombing. When she saw that I wasn't in and because the cell phones were down she couldn't reach me on my phone, she was really scared that I had been there. When she finally reached me a few minutes later, she was the first to tell me about the bomb. Thank G-d everybody was saved. Most of the Israellie girls didn't give it much thought... they told us they were used to this. They said that a few years ago this is how it was day to day, week to week. It doesn't phase them anymore. I guess I understand it, I too wasn't as upset by it as I knew I should have been, coming from a higher sensitivity level.
As soon as things looked clear the school instructed all the girls to come back from wherever they were at the time. I was at Ariella Zilberman's place around the block so it wasn't so far for me to travel. At the school, Rabbi Meisels and a few other Rabbeim and teachers were saying Tehillim with the girls. As we came in we joined. Afterward the Rabbanim gave us speeches about tragedies and moving on. About taking in the pain of the klal but not becoming depressed. About acceptance. Mainly they were there for us, giving us chizuk and answering any questions.

The next day I went as planned to Michal Epstein's wedding. Tal Erez and Jonathan picked me up from my school. We met Shmulik and Hadassa, and then continued to the wedding together. The wedding was beautiful, the bride was stunning and shining and brilliant, the guests were happy, the dancing was upbeat, and the food was first class. All in all, i think everyone enjoyed themselves and had an amazing time.
Shabbos I went to Rabbi Kornblau's house. He was having a kiddush for his baby daughter Chana Gittle. Mindy and I went to help out but mostly because we really wanted to take advantage of the unique opportunity to spend shabbos with such a Chashuv family. For that reason we even overcame our slight aversion to buses.

Sunday I took a day off of class to work on college essays. Monday I got sick. Tuesday I was better again :D... G-d loves me!!!! And today I had cleanup duty. ;P
lol, tonight is a mechanchos dinner, that should be fun. More info later. <3 y'all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment